Stories & Such

From a mother of three to you.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

1st Day of School 2011

Three years ago I watched Alex hop on the school bus for the very first time. Today it was Conner's turn. After waking up to an insanely early alarm, I got going and got breakfast ready and lunches packed. For the first time ever, we had to drag poor Conner out of bed.




We have no idea where that black eye came from. He didn't go to bed with it! Conner soon rallied and got excited for his first day of school.




We really need to work on our routine, because as I'm writing this, it occurs to me that the next step should have involved brushing teeth. There's always tomorrow. We got on shoes and went outside to wait for the bus.




Then the bus appeared, and my three year preschool veteran followed his big brother up onto the bus and headed off to Kindergarten with no hesitation.




And that's when the overwhelming feeling hit me that my tiny little baby boy wasn't a baby anymore, and that my two oldest had just stepped onto the bus and left our home. They have grown up so quickly and the summer break has ended. Life will never be the same again. The emotions were admittedly overwhelming.



Click here for the full photoset from our fun morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ROFLMAO!!!! You are your mother's child!

8/30/2011 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super funny
Lorraine

8/31/2011 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home