Stories & Such

From a mother of three to you.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

When Stars Align

It's 8:47 AM. The house is quiet. Allison is sleeping and the boys just left with Pop. I haven't eaten breakfast or finished my cup of coffee. I could just pretend that I haven't been up since 6 and go back to sleep. Would that be a waste of the quiet? Probably. I'd most likely lie in bed trying to fall asleep but really be thinking about the 5 piles of laundry in my front hall waiting to be washed, the three stacks waiting to be put away, the dishes on the counter above the full dishwasher waiting to be emptied. Then I'd just waste twenty minutes trying to push all that out of my head until I gave up and came down to tackle the mess. At least I can tackle it quietly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home